Video 1: Vera Wang - Figure Skater to Fashion Icon
Summary: Vera Wang shares many details about her career in the interview.
Vocabulary: finicky 過分講究的/挑剔的 indomitable不屈不撓的
Reflection: It's pretty amazing how Vera Wang changed from being a figure skater to a fashion designer.And I was truly wowed by the fact that she started designing bridal gowns because she couldn't find one that she want to try on. I really like how Vera describes her job as half technician, half psychologist, and sometimes family therapist. I've never heard of other fashion designers describe their job like this. This shows that she doesn't confine herself to only fashion designing but also willing to learn from other aspects. I appreciate Vera's achievements a lot and she does prove that she's a woman's woman.
Video 2: Vera Wang Interview(1997)
Summary: Vera talks about the way she designs in this interview, and her spring 1998 collection videotape was shown during the interview.
Vocabulary: minimalist要求達到最低限度者 ivory象牙製的/乳白色的 bribe賄賂 crepe縐綢
chiffon薄紗 drape成褶皺 mannequin服裝模特兒/人體模型 sheer純粹的/透明的
conglomerate企業集團
Reflection: Vera's bridal designs are very simple, stylish, modern, and elegant. I bet even girls who aren't really interested in wearing bridal gowns will want to try on them someday. Just like me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.