Video Part
Summary
The video shows us history of the POLO Shirt and how did fashion changed in the same period.
Vocabulary
hem
attire
mesh
synthetic
extravagant
Reflection
Review the past several luxury brand, I think POLO shirt is the one near my wearing style,cause the POLO shirt is much younger, more comfortable to wear. Besides, it's cheaper than the other fashion brands' items. The idea came to my mind afer I knew the POLO shirt's story is that ''how we live , what we wear.'' POLO shirt was for golf in the begining , and became popular for its' cozy. Nowadays, I think POLO is the one that not only comfortable to wear but also can show your respect when having a date.
Speech Part
Summary
Professor 葉 gave us the basic knowledge of 20th fashion event and the evolution of wearing style.
Vocabulary
Art Nourcau
the oriental turban
hobble skirt
cloche hat
oxford bag
bias hat
ration
utility wartime fashion
Reflection
Thankful to have a chance to listen professor 葉's speech. It's very wonderful and inspired me more. I felt surprised to learned that many fashion went on because of Feminism and war. However, I also confused that ''how about men?''. Nowadays, we see female cloth shop everywhere and there are much less male cloth shop.I want to know how does the phenomenon happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.