Translate

Thursday, March 9, 2017

#0309 林承德

Presentation    The Founder of Burberry: Thomas Burberry 

Summary   :   This presentation is about Thomas Burberry, and is consist of the history of the brand, many different products, and some important vocabulary in the videos which played in the class.

Vocabulary  :   1.trench coat 軍裝式雨衣       2.lining 內襯
                          3.fabric     織品 結構               4.cashmere 羊絨
             5.shoulder-trap 肩章     6.epaulette 階級章
             7.woven      編織        8.signature 簽名
             9.check pattern 格子紋   10.inclement嚴峻的
             11.civillian   老百姓    12.gabardine防水布料

History    :          1856à  establishing Burberry
                           1879à  introduced gabardine, a hard wearing, water-resistant yet           breathable fabric.
                           1891à  open a shop in London
                           1901à  Equestrian Knight Logo was developed
                           1914à  trench coat
Reflection  :        Honestly, I haven’t know this brand before today’s class. As a male, sicence student I was not interested in fashion at all before I meet professor LIP. However, today’s topic really touch me. It’s hard to imagine that clothes could be such cool. This presentation is clear and the PPT is beautiful and comfortable. Now, I do willing to spend lots of money for a classic trench coat.

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.