Video 1:Know More about Louis Vuitton, the French Fashion Brand That’s Become a Household Name
Summary
Louis Vuitton has a long history, and always try its best to keep the best level of quality.
Vocabulary
trunk n.樹幹,象鼻,箱子 a.樹乾的,軀幹的
suitcase (旅行用)手提箱
monogram 字母組合,花押字,交織文字
Reflection
From the video, we can see that items of LV are made from a systematic series of rigorous processes (including material selecting, designing and producing), and that’s why they are not only waterproof, durable and functional, but also classic.
Video 2: What Is So Special about Louis Vuitton
Summary
The wife of Napoleon Ⅲ hired Louis Vuitton as her personal box maker which made Louis famous. After that, Louis founded his own fashion house and served for elites across Paris to make specialized trunks. The logo of LV, which was was created to prevent counterfeiting, was designed by Louis’ son George. Today, LV is an iconic luxury brand among the world’s most valuable and recognizable brands.
Vocabulary
Counterfeit 仿製品
Feminine 女性的
Tote bag 水餃包,托特包
Custom-made 定制的
Salvage n.打撈,海上救助 v.海上救助
Reflection
Before this class, I paid little attention to my handbag or shoulder bag, and I have no LV item in my wardrobe. However, since I have recognized that a LV item may represent an elegant person who goes for an elegant life, I think if I have enough money one day, I will buy one to my mother and another one for myself.
Notes
The classic bags of LV: Neverfull bag; Alam bag; Speedy bag
The sizes of LV bags: BB,PM, MM, GM (GM:custom-made size)
Celebrities endorsement: Audrey Hepburn; 1911, Titanic; the Empress of Napoleon Ⅲ
Louis Vuitton:
At the age of 10, his mother passed away.
At the age of 13, he ran away from home and took three days walking to Paris.
He apprenticed Monsieur, a trunk maker, and then founded his own fashion house.
He created a trunk that was flat on the top, so people can actually stack trunks on each other.
During the war, his trunks were in high demands as they were easy to stack and travel with.
After Louis’ death, his son George took over his enterprise and came up with the beautiful LV monogrammed logo.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.