Translate

Thursday, March 23, 2017

#王開 0323

Coco Chanel

Summary: The story of Coco Chanel's life.

Items: N°5 fragrance, A little black dress(LBD), Chanel makeup, Chanel 2.55, The costume jewelry
           The camellia, The chain, The two-tone shoes, The pearl

Vocabulary: costume jewelry 人工珠寶
                    camellia       山茶花
                    pearl       珍珠
                    tweed     斜紋軟呢
                    opulence   豐裕
                    liberate    解放
                    fleck      斑點、雀斑
                    corset     束腹
                    jersey     針織緊身內衣
                    Leo        獅子座
                    orphanage   孤兒院
                    abandon   遺棄
                    well-educated  受好教育的
                    silhouette   影
                    leather silhouette show  皮影戲
                    boyish    像男孩的
                    haute coutune 高價製服
                    discipline   紀律
                    grammar    文法
                    nun         修女

How did Coco Chanel transformed the female silhouette?
1. She shortened dresses, revealed ankles.
2. She freed the waist.
3. She eliminated corsets, revived jersey.
4. She cut her hair and brown her skin.

Coco Chanel: Either I die as well, or I finish what we started together.

Reflection: After I learned about Coco Chanel this woman, I started to generate some thoughts that she really is a person who deserve people's respect. I know that there are so many people were already been the fan of Chanel the brand instead of Chanel the person. That is because Coco can establish so many fashion icons and bring out lots of good stuffs that makes people enjoy it and become fan of it. Coco succeeded because of her products, not her story. I think if Coco Chanel tell everyone about her life earlier, there will be more people like me fall into the magical of Chanel this brand due to the founder of it. Also, it's a very cool thing to me that one brand can be a set of canon, and established discipline in fashion.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.