Translate

Thursday, March 2, 2017

#胡祐嘉0302

0302
Video1
100 Years of Fashion:Revolutions

Summary
It talks about the revolution of fashion from the begging of the 19th to last year. The fashion changes almost every decade. The revolution timeline is as follow
1910’S   Artificial Silk
1920’S   Little Black Dress
1930’S   Zippers
1940’S   Nylon Stockings
1950’S   High Heels
1960’S   Mini Skirts
1970’S   Leisure Wear
1980’S   Designer Jeans
1990’S   Workplace Pants
2000’S   Eco Fashion
2016     3D-Printed Fashion

Vocabulary
       1. Stiletto 恨天高
2. Nylon Stocking 絲襪
3. Vintage 復古

Reflection
      I like this video not only because it shows the revolution of fashion but also because it combine the society background.  For example, when it comes to Leisure Wear , the model start doing Disco moves which is fun. This film makes me think why the fashion is dominated by women, I wish I can find the answer during the following lessons.

Video2
Fashion Items That Changed the World

Summary
This film introduces the story of few fashion items to us. For Bikini, it talks about the origin of Bikini, the controversy about wearing Bikini and almost 85% of all Bikinis never touch the water. For AJ, it tells us how MJ and NIKE turn Sneakers into High End Footwear and People are always willing to get a pair of new released AJ even you have to line up and pay skyrocketed high price. For High Heels, it mentions that high heels used to wore by men and it was not until 16th that women start wearing high heels. For Leather Jacket and Sunglasses, it talks about who originally wearing these items and their functions and then Hollywood stars make them pouplar. There are more stories in this film.

Vocabulary
       1. Sinful 罪惡的
2. Social Status 社會地位
3. Distort 扭曲
4. Inuit 因紐特人

Reflection
      I am thinking about do I have to be a rich guy to be fashion ? In the beginning a golden “R” logo and “THERICHEST.COM” shows off and during the film “Social Status” is mentioned few time. Do I have to be a rich
guy to be fashion ? I think the answer in this film is YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.